Saturday 1 June 2019

The "Equality Act"

Here is an interesting comment I found on Youtube:


For a while, I have believed that there are inconsistencies in the modern 'laws', and it is nice to know that I am not alone.



It seems to me that it is not good enough to simply treat all people as human beings, accepting that we might have a different outlook on life. Instead, unless I actively endorse ideologies that I find harmful (dare I say, 'base' or 'toxic'), then I am a [insert misapplied offensive word] and a 'hate speaker'.

No. I am not speaking 'hate', I merely express an alternative point of view.

Is it 'hate speech' to say that chocolate is bad for you and indulging in it will make you fat?
No. And neither is it 'hate speech' to suggest that perhaps there are other lifestyles that are bad for you and may result in negative consequences.

Your imagination can run wild as to what I might or might not be referring to.


Youtube comment found on this video.

No comments:

Post a Comment