Saturday 28 October 2017

The 'right' to what I want

I have recently read about the struggles of Jordan Peterson who has refused to use the 'genderless pronouns' that some of the LGBT(add-a-letter) community are insisting on. The debate involves whether someone has a 'right' to be called what they want.

My question is this:
If a person who was born with a vagina has a 'right' to be called what they want (and that includes being called something that is contrary to their birth biology), then can the same be applied to me?

For example, I would like people to refer to me as 'Doctor' rather than 'Mister'. Do I have the right to that terminology, even though I don't have a PhD?

A woman who has transgendered to try to become a man doesn't have a working penis. If they have a 'right' to be called what they want, why can't I?

Why can't I call it 'hate speech' if I'm not called 'Doctor'?

No comments:

Post a Comment