Sunday 8 September 2019

Rotten Tomatoes is clearly biased

There's been a lot of talk about Dave Chappelle's new show Sticks and Stones. A lot of people really like it, but apparently "those who matter" don't like it.

The reason? Because it offends their precious sensitivities.
It's crazy. I'm not a fan of Jimmy Carr because I think his comedy goes too far and is overtly sexual. However, I think he does have some good jokes, but I can't be bothered to sit though a load of stuff I don't find funny just to hear the bits I might like.

It shows that we're all different. And that's a good thing.

Critics don't agree. They think we should all be the same. Maybe it's just that real critics have left the profession and we're just left with a bunch of idiots pushing their personal opinion.

Here's the score from Rotten Tomatoes (taken today):

And here's something else interesting:

No audience reviews? But see what happens when you click on the link:

It seems to me that Rotten Tomatoes is just waiting for a negative review to put up on the page. They don't want people to really think that Dave Chappelle is good or funny.

And that's what we call bias.

No comments:

Post a Comment